Citrus-O is a service-based carpet cleaning company located in Vancouver, BC. The company offers steam cleaning services for wall-to-wall carpets, area rugs, upholstery, leather, mattresses, cars and more. Their natural orange products are pet and family safe for home and the environment.
Citrus-O’s website was no longer reflective of its brand, strategy and business goals for growth. The site was outdated, provided a poor user experience, and was not capturing online conversions. The company also wanted to add eCommerce to the website to market their branded line of cleaning products. Hammerhead was tasked with redesigning the website while creating an endpoint for the existing digital marketing strategy.
Driving Conversions with a Website Redesign
Hammerhead began with a deep-dive discovery phase comparing business and marketing goals to branding, search console data, analytics, heat maps, competitive analyses, and existing digital marketing campaigns to determine where the client was at and what was required for users to convert.
Following discovery we:
- exported all content (text, image), keyword and metadata
- revised navigation to:
- help users locate desired content
- include location-specific pages for local search
- convert users to customers and achieve goals
- imported all data into the new structure
- redirected old links to their new pages (to maintain search integrity)
- shared wireframes to outline key design elements.
Web Redesign Results
Following launch, we were happy to report that:
- the site is loading in a fraction of the time
- webmaster tools are no longer reporting server errors
- pages were now getting re-indexed.
Location pages were indexed for the first time, and the client was appearing on first page results for queries like “Victoria carpet cleaning” and “Kamloops carpet cleaning”. Prior to launch, the client was not ranking for these at all. We had achieved our web redesign goals by capturing more organic traffic, improving conversion rates and driving more sales.
Oftentimes we encounter well thought out digital marketing strategies that fall short of boosting conversion rates. The Citrus-o project is an excellent example of the positive change website redesign can have on conversions. Through the process of identifying user groups, understanding needs, and designing an interface to create a simple journey, we were able to funnel more users to the site and increase conversions.