Citrus-O is a carpet cleaning company located in Vancouver, BC that offers steam cleaning services for wall to wall carpets, area rugs, upholstery, leather, mattresses, cars and more. Their natural orange products are pet and family safe for home and the environment.
Citrus-O felt their current website wasn’t reflecting their brand anymore —it was outdated, it didn’t convert and had a poor user experience and performance. They also had the desire of adding an e-commerce area for cleaning products. Another request was that the new website should utilize the existing digital marketing strategy to raise conversions.
Hammerhead started with an extended discovery phase reviewing search console data, analytics, heat maps, competitive analyses, and meta and keyword data to determine where the client was at and what users required to convert. Following Discovery we:
- Exported all content (text, image), keyword and metadata.
- Revised navigation to:
- Help users locate critical content.
- Convert users to customers.
- Include location specific pages to regions.
- Imported all data into the new structure.
- Redirected old links to their new pages (to maintain search integrity).
- Shared wireframes to outline design.
Following launch, we were happy to report that:
- The site is loading in a fraction of the time.
- Webmaster tools are no longer reporting server errors.
- Pages were now getting re-indexed.
Location pages were indexed for the first time, and the client was appearing on first page results for queries like “Victoria carpet cleaning” and “Kamloops carpet cleaning”. Prior to launch, the client was not ranking for these at all.
Oftentimes we encounter great digital marketing strategies that fall short on boosting conversion rates. The Citrus-o project is an excellent example of the positive change website redesign can have on conversions. Through the process of identifying user groups, understanding needs, and designing an interface to create a simple journey, we were able to funnel more users to the site and increase conversions.